Supported Living Assistant / Caregiver
Sorry, this job has expired.
Full time, Part time
Vision Insurance, Paid vacation, Paid personal time, Paid holidays, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance
Tri-Ko is a Community Service Provider that assists persons with developmental disabilities. We serve a 3-county area that includes Miami, Linn, and Anderson. We have group homes and individual living settings in Paola, Osawatomie, Garnett, and LaCygne.
Currently we are hiring Residential Services Supported Living Assistants (RSSLA)/Caregiver. This position reports directly to the Residential Manager.
Our benefits package, which will be available to you the first of the month following 60 days of benefit eligible employment, includes:
• A generous offset to the cost of group Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-term Disability Insurance coverage.
• KPERS retirement and disability benefits and the opportunity to invest in a 403(b) mutual funds account.
• 9 paid holidays
• Sick, vacation, and personal leave, accrued monthly.
• Longevity bonuses
• Tuition assistance
• Periodic wage increases provided with Executive Board approval.
• Various other employee perks that are available throughout the year!
In this position you will be expected to:
• Assure the health, safety, and security needs of individuals served. • Assist individuals served in acquiring the skills to lead a quality lifestyle at home and in the community.
• Work independently at times.
• Attend required training and staff meetings.
As an RSSLA / Direct Support Caregiver you will also have an opportunity to work as a home guide. You will work more independently, providing assistance to individuals who live more independently. This includes assisting with shopping, errands, personal care, administration of meds, etc.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have an employment physical.
• Must have the ability to be covered by corporation vehicle insurance.
• Must meet all requirements necessary for transporting persons served.
• Must be responsive to the needs of the residential program area.
• Participate in Person Centered Plan process as directed (PCP/Supports/Goals).
• Maintain support documentation as needed.
• Assist individuals with home management (housekeeping, operation and care of appliances, meal planning & preparation).
• Complete work orders for repairs and/or maintenance needs.
• Administer medications by following the electronic Medication Administration Record (MAR) directions and complete all appropriate documentation.
• Assist individuals with personal hygiene (habits conducive to health care, good hygiene, and body cleanliness, which may include assistance in bathing and toileting) and complete all appropriate documentation.
• Immediately report seizures, behaviors, accidents, and complete all appropriate documentation.
• Provide transportation to individuals served, as needed, according to the plans in process.
• Initiate contacts with community resources that will enhance community integration (beauty/barber shops, concerts, community events, sports events).
• Assist with leisure activity (in-house and community).
• Assist with mobility (lifting &/or transferring).
• Maintain complete patient confidentiality.
• Part-time: 16-30 minimum scheduled hours
• Full-time: 30 minimum scheduled hours
You must be willing to work evenings and/or nights during the week and days, evenings or nights on the weekend. We work diligently to ensure that you will be happy with your schedule.
Click "Apply Now" to submit application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.